OPEN DANCER AUDITIONS 6TH JUNE 2012
PROFESSIONAL & NON-PROFESSIONAL MALE & FEMALE DANCERS
BITCH! DYKE! FAGHAG! WHORE!
27 June – 22 July at the Arcola Tent
BITCH! DYKE! FAGHAG! WHORE! is Penny Arcade's sex and censorship show and one of the most exuberant events ever to emerge from New York's downtown art scene. B!D!F!W! changed the way the world viewed erotic dancers, presenting it, as a feminist art form, and kicking off what would become the 'neo-burlesque' movement. Some of the greatest erotic dancers and performers from all over the world have performed in B!D!F!W! and many of them have gone to establish dance and burlesque revues and careers elsewhere.
“Beg, steal a ticket” Newsweek
“Acute, humane, unmissable” Time Out
“The show has everything you wanted to know about censorship, feminism, counterculture and joy” Jeff Buckley, Rolling Stone
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Professional and non-professional dancers of all ages, sexes, shapes and sizes.
• You will be energetic, friendly, collaborative, generous and creative with an engaging presence, and personality, and an erotic energy about you.
• You might be a professional high-energy dancer or the best dancer in your local club with a love of performing on podiums; or you might be a sex-worker, stripper, erotic dancer or live art performer.
• You must be dependable, responsible and flexible in your approach.
• We are especially seeking women with erotic dancing skills, pole and floor work, and men with great presence and physicality.
AUDITION DATE & VENUE
• Wednesday 6th June 12-5pm at Madame Jo Jo's 8-10 Brewer Street Soho W1F 0SE
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Register your audition by Friday 1st June by sending an email with "Dancer Audition" as the subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Attach no more than a single page resume or 100 words about yourself with your contact number and photo if you have one.
• We will email to confirm your audition by close of business on Monday 3rd June.
• Due to the high volume of inquiries we ask you to send specific queries by email.
• We will respond to all emails.
• If chosen for a callback please be available on Thursday 7th June from 12-5pm.
• If you are invited to join the company, please be available for a rehearsal on Saturday 23rd June from 1pm-6pm and then for the production week and opening from 25th June – 1st July with specific call times to be advised.
• All performances 27th June – 22nd July Wed-Sunday at the Arcola Tent in Dalston.
• You may not have to dance in every performance, and we aim to be flexible so you can fulfill your existing commitments. A rota will be issued on a weekly basis.
• All dancers are paid a little over Equity minimum on a per call basis.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SHOW PLEASE VISIT WWW.PENNYARCADENYC.NET
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!!
BITCH! DYKE! FAGHAG! WHORE! IS CO-PRODUCED BY JEREMY GOLDSTEIN PRODUCTIONS AND TIME OUT LIVE
AND PRESENTED IN ASSOCIATION WITH ARCOLA THEATRE